LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

loadcell and accelerometer data not in sync

Hi,

I have a drop tower with an accelerometer on the slider and a loadcell under to measure force when the slider hits it. However when I plot loadecll data and accelerometer data on the same graph they are not in sync...there is a time lag. Does anyone know a possible reason for that please? The code is in sync.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(3,135 Views)

Hi Dilen,

when it comes to "where is the problem?" questions you should always provide your VI to let us examine it!

What are the response times of your sensors? Is there any (external) hardware involved with this measurement? Which hardware do you use at all?

Please provide all information you can supply to solve this issue…

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(3,119 Views)
I would particularly like to see how you are sampling. How big is the lag? Milliseconds? Minutes? Hours?

Mike...

Certified Professional Instructor
Certified LabVIEW Architect
LabVIEW Champion

"... after all, He's not a tame lion..."

For help with grief and grieving.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(3,103 Views)

Do you use same daq device  for both of this sensor?!
I don't think so! 

so you have to care about the sample rate acquisition be same for both sensor and also use trigger (esp external trigger) to achieve sync

also attention to load cell sensor ability to response is important  because these kind of sensor always response in low rate

(near 10 sample per second) so you have to read accelerometer  with rate of  load cell rate limitation

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(3,067 Views)

What everyone is saying, but perhaps not explicitly, is "Please attach your VI so we can look at it and study it".  I was going to make an analogy of "Would you ask on a forum why your car wasn't running, but not bring the car to the mechanic?", then I remembered "Car Talk", with Tom and Ray Magliozzi ... wrong analogy!

Bob Schor

Message 5 of 6
(3,029 Views)

There are several possible reasons. Like everybody mentioned, it'd help if you shared your HW connectivity drawing, and a sample VI.

- How are you connecting the load-cell and accel signals to your DAQ? It is possible they're not synchronized and hence your're sampling them at a different clock which could explain the latency you're experiencing.

Kudos are the best way to say thanks 🙂
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(3,002 Views)