LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

many "NiFpgaAG_00000a5f_CustomNodeIPCore_stub.vi" files appear at root of C:\ drive

I am using Labview 2015 to build FPGA projects. I notice that I have over one hundred files with names like "NiFpgaAG_00000a5f_CustomNodeIPCore_stub.vi" sitting in the root of my C:\ drive, created over the past three months.  Each filename is unique with a different hex number before the CustomNodeIP part.  The contents of each file look like the below. I get the feeling there is one new file saved here each time I recompile the FPGA code, but they are never cleaned up. Doesn't seem to me like a good programming practice to do this.  If a temporary file is needed, why doesn't it go into the normal working directory, or in "Temp" or at least not the C:\ root ?  What is your opinion?

// Copyright 1986-2014 Xilinx, Inc. All Rights Reserved.

// This empty module with port declaration file causes synthesis tools to infer a black box for IP.
// The synthesis directives are for Synopsys Synplify support to prevent IO buffer insertion.
// Please paste the declaration into a Verilog source file or add the file as an additional source.
(* x_core_info = "mult_gen_v12_0,Vivado 2014.4_AR64601_AR63880_AR63479_AR62969_(AR63524_AR64594)" *)
module NiFpgaAG_00000a5f_CustomNodeIPCore(CLK, A, B, CE, P);
  input CLK;
  input [24:0]A;
  input [19:0]B;
  input CE;
  output [44:0]P;
endmodule
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,819 Views)

Jbeale1,

Are you compiling with local compile tools? What version of the compile tools are you using?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,772 Views)

Yes I am using the local FPGA compile server.  It is whatever comes with Labview 2015, I haven't installed anything separately.  I don't know how to check the version number.  In FPGA Target Properties/General I see: Compiler Information: Version: Xilinx Vivado 2014.4

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,760 Views)

Hmm, I have never seen files like that when I compile locally. All my intermediate files seem to be generated in the C:\NIFPGA folder, but I don't get anything in the root of the C:\ drive. Looking at the text of the files, it seems that it is some kind of warning that is generated during compilation. I assume your files compile successfully?

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,702 Views)