LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

missing dll labview 2012

I have just upgraded from Labview 2011 to the 2012 version.  I have placed my custom library files in the "user.lib" directory and that still works well.  But we also have a ".dll" file supplied by the maker of our datalogger which Labview 2012 cannot seem to find.  Under 2011 I placed it in the same directory as the VI that uses it and all was well.  I've done the same thing under 2012 when I try to load my VI I get the message "the program can't start because slxcom.dll is missing from your computer."

I can think of 2 options.  First is that Labview 2012 has changed where it looks for dll's.  The second is that this dll may not be compatible.  I believe it was generated for use under Labview 2007.  It is a very simple thing, just opening a port (ethernet connection direct to instrument) to the instrument and providing read and write functions. 

Any help much appreciated.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,382 Views)

Have you tried copying dll to LV2012 user.lib as well?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,372 Views)

Yes, but still nothing.  What did work was when I also set the Windows 8 path to include the user.lib folder under labview 2012.  Still don't understand why it could not find it when it was in the same folder as the VI.  Now that I've gotten 2012 working, I'm upgrading to 2013 to see if it will work for me.  Haven't upgraded for a while, so I decided to take it in steps.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,358 Views)

Hi smti,

Can you go into the VI in question and check the path to the DLL to make sure it's directed to the correct location?

Regards,

Bobby Breyer
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,347 Views)

I've got a sneaking suspicion that the trouble lies more in how the Win8 OS handles GAC

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,345 Views)