LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

motor and drives

Hello,

Is there any Drivers needed to connect with Labview and Stepper Motor.

If yes, Please let me know the driver.

Thanks

Deepu K J

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(2,965 Views)

Hi Deepu,

yes, you need "any driver" to connect your programming language (just software) with a stepper motor (hardware).

You will need some hardware to output signals. And you will need some hardware capable to actually drive your motor…

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(2,961 Views)

That really depends on your hardware.

What hardware are you using?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(2,952 Views)

Hello, 

I have a Labview Software in which the signal need to control the Motor of Milling Machine.

So, the motor will have a current Loop which can be controlled using the Relay Switch.

I have a problem in connecting the Relay Switch and signals from the Labview.

Thanks 

Deepu K J

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(2,941 Views)

Hi Deepu,

please call your local NI sales guy to discuss any hardware related problems and to get a quotation for suitable hardware.

When you have problems you should explain them here with much more detailed information - otherwise you will only get some more general answers…

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(2,932 Views)
Duplicate - http://forums.ni.com/t5/LabVIEW/How-to-stop-the-machine-when-tool-breaks/m-p/3054376

How did you get from a relay to saying you need to control a stepper? Do you understand anything about the electronics?
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(2,899 Views)

I have never seen a milling machine with a stepper motor. And you do not control current loop systems with relays.

You need to talk to someone who understands the electrical circuits and controls of your machine tools before you break something expensive.

Lynn

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(2,873 Views)
He'll be lucky if it's just something that breaks. I would worry about hurting someone. Why would someone be given a task about which he knows nothing and doesn't do any research?
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(2,863 Views)