LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ni_tagger_lv_write

Hello,

i try to exchange values between 2 labview applications with a shared variable. Sometimes, the error "Ni_tagger_lv_Write -1950679023 Communication to server has been killed" appears.
The variable is configured as network variable.
Both applications can read/write this shared variable. Sometimes the application runs perfectly, sometimes the error stop the application.
Someone knows what happens ?

thanks
Woully 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(3,177 Views)
Hi Woully,

If the computer running the shared variable engine goes down or crashes for some reason, any subscribers will receive error -1950679023  from the shared variable node error out terminal.

I have some questions:
Which version of LAbVIEW do you use?
Do these two applications run on the same machine?
Is this failure reproducable? Meant does the error occour at startup or after a  defined amount of time?
Have you tried DataSocket instead of shared variables?

In addition, you can find a good tutorial using shared variables following this link: http://zone.ni.com/devzone/cda/tut/p/id/4679

regards
kilian

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(3,165 Views)
Hello Kilian,

i am using Labview 8.0.
Both application runs on the same pc.
The failure appears on the start of the software, but not systematically. It's very strange. I've read on a forum that the firewall can produce such an error. I've tested the software without any firewall or antivirus on the pc, but that have changed anything.

I used several shared variables, and curiously it's only one which occurs the error....

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(3,151 Views)
Hi Woully,

for further investigation i would please you to post the two applications so that i can run some test on my machine.

Thanks

regards
kilian
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(3,146 Views)
I think I encounter the same problem Two exe application which build in the same project, use the same SV. but only a part of VI can use the SV normally. It is very strange. QIA
http://www.vitst.com
Virry Test & Control
LabVIEW Certified Developer
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,831 Views)