LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

no plot on simple XY graph - (not the express xy graph)

Solved!
Go to solution

I am using simple xy graph. No plot is seen however the scales are changing while run showing that its plotting but not visible.

Same problem was with express xy graph but that was solved by un-tick the clear data under properties of build graph. please help.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 10
(4,137 Views)

I'm going to guess you have a plot styple with no connecting lines, and possibly no points.

But that is all I can do is guess.  Because if you have a VI causing your problems you'd be more likely to get help if you actually ATTACHED THE VI!

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 10
(4,109 Views)

i have put the thing that is not working in disabled structure. could you suggest me on the same. i tried much of the array; bundle,array; xy chart. plot is not visible 

i have tried to multiplot both in express and regular xy

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 10
(4,080 Views)

I have added the simpler form of what i was doing in that previous attached vi. even this is not showing plot..

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 10
(4,036 Views)

As I had guessed, your point style is a blank point.  Since you are only plotting a single point, there are no lines to see the connection between points.

I don't know why you'd have an issue with an Express graph since that takes the incoming data and builds up a history of multiple points to display.  Unless you have the boolean to reset to the Express Graph VI's set to True.

Click on your legend, expand it to 2 rows.  For each plot, click on it and select a point style to be something besides the blank point it is now.  Run your VI and you'll see your data plotting.

Message 5 of 10
(4,030 Views)

I want to do a multiplot and hence i am trying to use bundling and arrays for 2 different sensors output over same reference output. if you could point me to any url or solution i will try to incorporate. 

My goal is to get output of graph as below

Unbenannt.PNG

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 10
(4,023 Views)

You need to build your points into arrays of points, and maintain those arrays between iterations using Shift Registers.  (Search LabVIEW Help).

That is what the Build Graph Express VI does internally.  But when you have the Reset equal to True, it is clearing those shift registers on every call.

I would recommend looking at the online LabVIEW tutorials
LabVIEW Introduction Course - Three Hours
Learn LabVIEW

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 10
(4,007 Views)

Yes I agree on that. But how can i multiplot 2 arrays with 1 array in x axis. that is what i am trying to do. if that tutorial shows multiploting then i will close this thread. thank you by the way for the link

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 10
(3,993 Views)

You need to build your arrays so that they have more than 1 point.

The links are for tutorials on basic LabVIEW since understanding shift registers is a key basic LabVIEW skill.

Open up detailed help on XY graphs and search the example finder to see the many different ways you can build and/or bundle data into graphs.

Message 9 of 10
(3,977 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author JP187

The shift registers worked good. Unbenannt.PNG

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 10
(3,946 Views)