LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

package manager

when iam trying to install ni package manager , it is showing that gathering system information , after that window getting closed , not for ni package manager but every ni software such as labview , sdaqmx installer iam getting the same problem 

please help me out , i attached a video also

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(204 Views)

An exception occurred:

NationalInstruments.PackageManagement.Core.NIPkgClientException: Cannot load a System EULA feed: \\?\C:\ProgramData\National Instruments\NI Package Manager\eulas
at NationalInstruments.PackageManagement.Core.ClientLibraryRequest.GetErrorInfo()
NationalInstruments.PackageManagement.Core.NIPkgClientException: One or more errors occurred while trying to open the feed named 'nipkg-temp-feed-eulas' at URI '\\?\C:\ProgramData\National Instruments\NI Package Manager\eulas'.
NationalInstruments.PackageManagement.Core.NIPkgClientException: Cannot read the file: \\?\C:\ProgramData\National Instruments\NI Package Manager\eulas\Packages
NationalInstruments.PackageManagement.Core.NIPkgClientException: Missing attribute colon separator on line 1.

iam geting this exception in my event log file , what to do next please anyone help me ,

if i complete my work i can go home , iam away from home since last 6 months please help

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(181 Views)

What your video shows is unclear, but it appears that you are trying to install "something" involving LabVIEW.  Installing LabVIEW has always been a little bit difficult -- when students came to me to ask "Can I install LabVIEW on my PC for my class?", I always advised them to bring me their laptop and let me install LabVIEW for them.

I'm going to guess that you attempted to install LabVIEW yourself, maybe partly succeeded, but now you are "stuck", with errors being generated with each further attempt to "fix things".  In my 15+ years of experience, the best advice I can give you is to do the following:

1. Ideally, find someone with experience installing LabVIEW.
  2. Have this expert first uninstall all National Instruments software.  The (only?) "safe" way to do this is as follows:
    1. I recommend using "Control Panel" (type Control Panel in the Windows search bar, bottom left on screen).
    2. Go to Programs and Features, National Instruments Software (or NI Software).  Click it.
    3. This will bring up NI Package Manager.  Select "All".  Let it remove everything it can (it won't remove itself).
    4. Reboot.
    5. Repeat Step 2.  If there is no more NI Software, choose NI Package Manager.  Let it remove itself.
    6. Reboot
    7. Repeat Step 2.  There still might be NI Software.  If so, remove all, reboot.
    8. You are now ready to perform a new Installation.
  3. I strongly recommend you have someone with experience help you with LabVIEW installation.  Don't install "everything", only what you will need for your hardware and software.
  4. Do not attempt to "forcibly" remove any NI software or files.  Do not use a Registry "cleaner".  Doing either will probably require wiping your PC and reinstalling Windows!

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(143 Views)

If the exception that you shared is the cause of installation appearing and then closing, NIPM is likely trying to access the already installed list of eula files located in the C:\ProgramData\National Instruments\NI Package Manager\eulas directory at that failure is preventing the installation from continuing. The directory is just a feed that is created with nipkg.exe.

Questions:

1. Does NI Package Manager launch successfully?
  2. What version of NIPM is installed on the system?
  3. Can you zip of that directory and share it so that those on the forum can review its contents?
  4. Related to Bob's post, is there any installation prior to you experiencing this issue that we should know about that might give us insight, and/or was there anyone that tried to manually uninstall any NI software on the system?
Scott Richardson
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(126 Views)