LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

pade approximant

I want to fit numerically exponential signal with pade approximant. Help me please
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,626 Views)
For those who don't know, here is a link to pade approximation.

I did not work out the details but it looks like you can use a couple of the fitting functions in LabVIEW. There is the rational fitting and the lev-mar fits. You can find them if you have LabIEW Full or Pro by going to functions >> analyze >> mathematics >> curve fitting. The help is pretty good and there are shipping examples as well as the developer's zone if you need an example.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,626 Views)
Oops, There is no rational fitting--it is rational interpolation.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,626 Views)

I was looking for a way to identify time varying time delay. I found that Pade approximation can be a good way. Basically, pade approximation estimates the value of exponential delay term in transfer function of system. But unfortunately i could not find any information about pade approximation in discrete systems. All i found try to estimate exponential term and write a transfer function for that term in s domain. But as everybody knows s domain terms should be convert to z domain for discrete case. When i convert transfer function i found in pade approximation, it bring s another exponential term in z domain. I guess that brings me to the starting point. Maybe i am missing some parts. Could anybody tell me any way about pade approximation in discrete systems?

Regards

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,225 Views)