LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

pressure transducers

Can anybody recommend a air pressure Transducer / sensor, logger capable of 0 to 25 lbs that works well with LabVIEW? Manufactures names, model numbers, anything that will get me started looking in the right direction
Thanks
TeBlues
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,399 Views)

Can't beat Rosemount pressure transducers.  Kind of pricy but you get what you pay for.  If you want less expensive goto Omega.com.  They have a wide variety of pressure transducers from various manufactures (including Rosemount) sold under their own brand. You probably want one with a built in amplifier to provide  a ma or voltage source for your logger.  For a logger, the easiest would be something from NI that would plug into your computer.  if you want an external logger the NI field point is good and I really utilize the Fluke 34970A logger.  Lots of channels, very inexpensive and will accept many types of inputs from dc voltage to thermocouples and RTDs.  There is a driver available from NI for the 34970A and it uses the RS232 port.  It's a multiplexed instrument so it won't be as fast as say a PLC or field point.  That is, it has one measuring circuit and each channel is multiplexed in one at a time.  Still you can scan 20 channels a second with reasonable resolution.

mike

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,394 Views)

Thanks Mike, good information, I will follow up on it.

TeBlues

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,386 Views)