LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

programming VT1535 Digitizer

I have an 4-channel VXI 1535 Digitizer that I need to program to: monitor two voltages and currents (up to 32 volts and less than 1 amp each).  The card needs to detect or send interrupt upon a glitch or glitches, write data to fifo, then to a file and plot the data.  I want to be able to vary the sampling rate.  I need to be able to set an interrupt range as there is some low level noise that I do not want to trigger on?  this should be event triggered and not TTL triggerline controlled.  How should I flow the data?  What should my front panel look like?  Now, this monitoring will be done while running a vibration test called by the Test Executive.  So, I will need to run a separate thread, keeping track of a global or globals to always read the fifo to see if there is any glitches.  How will I control the thread to run simultaneous?  Some example code to look at would be great as none exist from VXI Tech.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(2,885 Views)

Hello,

What programming language are you using? If you are using LabVIEW, there are VXI examples that deal with Interrupts, Event Handlers, and Triggers. They are located in the Example Finder. If you are not using LabVIEW, please give me more information on your system so we can do further troubleshooting.

Thank you,

Ryan

National Instruments
Applications Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(2,854 Views)

OK, Thanks Ryan.  I will check the NI Example Finder.  And I will be programming in Labview 8.2.1!  And I will be back in touch with more questions after seeing what I can locate in Example Finder.

thanks

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(2,843 Views)

Ryan,

I set the HP 1435 Digitizer card to receive 20KHz (Freq Sample) square wave pulse from a Function Generator.  I used the Softpanel to verify that the card could trigger on the pulse but it does not measure any data.  I put together a simple code to see if I could Level Trigger the card and read the FIFO.  The code executed but I am not reading the FIFO.  Can you advise?  OR maybe suggest  some Sample Data Flow Code?

G Mike

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(2,806 Views)

Hello G Mike,

Have you tried making the reading without using triggering to see if you can get any data whatsoever on the Softpanel. This will reduce the problems to intermediate steps instead of trying to do it all at once.

Regards,
Dan King

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(2,786 Views)

Thanks Ryan,

Actually, I can see the data or pulse in the Softpanel (the softpanel does not take any measurements).  So, I tried to simply use similar approach.  I wondered several things:  (1) if my Fifo Block Size is not sufficient, (2) If I am not triggering at the right time, (3) if the Fifo is actually receiving the data once it does trigger, (3) Sampling Rate proglems.   The main tasks is to activate this card to monitor (2) Power Supplies Voltages and Currents during Vibration Tests.  If there are any events, based upon a pre-set range (I do not want to capture the low noise from Valves closing), it would automatically write to Fifo, store this in a File and create some sort of WinPlot capability to plot the noise if there is an event.   Just curious, are you familiar with this particular card (VT1435)?

Thanks for your help.

G Mike

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(2,782 Views)

Dan,

I apologize as I just realized that I responded to Ryan instead of you.  My last reply was a response to your suggestion of using the softpanel, which does work to immediate see the signal.

Thanks,

G Mike

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(2,771 Views)