LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

prompted for labview 2012 media path when building application installer

I am attempting to build an installer for my application, but I am being prompted for the media path to "LabVIEW 2012".  I am using the LabVIEW 2013 SP1 Development Suite, and these are the additional installers automatically selected by the installer script

• NI LabVIEW Run-Time Engine 2013 SP1
  • NI-488.2 3.1.2
  • NI-DAQmx Core Runtime 9.8
  • NI-Serial 4.0
  • NI-VISA Runtime 5.4.1

Why is it asking me for LabVIEW 2012 media? I even tried pointing it to our server where the LabVIEW 2013 media is, and while I told me that was a valid installer, it didn't accept that it wasn't LabVIEW 2012.

"All truths are easy to understand once they are discovered; the point is to discover them." -- Galileo Galilei

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(3,467 Views)
Since you did not copy the driver installers to your hard drive, it needs them when you are including them with your app. The driver itself on your pc is not enough.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(3,461 Views)

Dennis, I am fine with it asking me for the media, but what I am confused about is why it is asking for LabVIEW 2012 media. Yes I installed 2012 at one point, but I installed the drivers and software that came with LabVIEW 2013. I even tried pointing it to the LabVIEW 2013 media on our network.

I guess I'll have to try and find installation packages on NI.com for the driver versions it's asking for.

"All truths are easy to understand once they are discovered; the point is to discover them." -- Galileo Galilei

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(3,403 Views)

So...I tried downloading the device driver dvd installer from the website and the installer specification said that what I downloaded was not a valid installation package. I downloaded the device drivers installer for February 2014, which has the driver versions the installer specification is asking for.

I am still confused as to why it is asking for the LabVIEW 2012 media path. Any ideas?

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(3,367 Views)

Hi Settlesj,

Have you tried downloading the 2012 device drivers installer and pointing to them? It's hard to tell why it's asking for the 2012 media path, but it  can't hurt to try them.

Also posting screenshots with any problems can help clarify them.

Best Regards,

https://www.linkedin.com/in/trentweaver
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(3,341 Views)