LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

reentrant shared clones

Hi Guys. 

I am trying to use the reentrant VI and there are two mode shared clone between instances and Preallocate clones for each instance. 

I am using Preallocate clones for each instance mode. It works all right. but it takes quite a lot memory. 

I am trying to use the shared clone between instance. but it does not work. Can some one give me an example on the reentrant VI shared clone for each instances?

Thanks 

Gary

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 10
(2,653 Views)

Here is an expanation that you might be interested

-----

The best solution is the one you find it by yourself
Message 2 of 10
(2,646 Views)

Can you show me a code example, i tried to change the option in the execution property. it works on the Preallocate clone for each instances. but it does not work on the shared clones between each instance. 

Thanks 

Gary

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 10
(2,623 Views)

@Gary1wang wrote:

it works on the Preallocate clone for each instances. but it does not work on the shared clones between each instance. 

Please explain what you mean by "it works|it does not work". Do you get an error? Incorrect results? crash? Please explain what the subVIs do, how you use them, and why reentrant is important. Maybe even attach some simplified code.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 10
(2,619 Views)

I send data (string) to VI that is  Preallocate clone for each instances. At the input of the VI, it changes with the command. It means the command is sending into the VI. I did the same thing to the same VI but it is  the shared clones between each instance. the does not sending into the VI, because i put a probe on the input and it does not detect anything. 

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 10
(2,609 Views)

Did you put the probe on the clone or on the vi? If you put it  on the vi, it will not show anything.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 10
(2,594 Views)

Are you using any unitialized shift registers in the VI? If so you can't use shared cloned since new instances will get data from prior calls.

Mark Yedinak
Certified LabVIEW Architect
LabVIEW Champion

"Does anyone know where the love of God goes when the waves turn the minutes to hours?"
Wreck of the Edmund Fitzgerald - Gordon Lightfoot
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 10
(2,576 Views)

@Gary1wang wrote:

.... the does not sending into the VI, because i put a probe on the input and it does not detect anything. 

That does not prove anything. Is the result correct?

Why can't you end all our confusion and actually show us your subVI? We cannot help with the sparse tricking of information you currently provide us.

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 10
(2,568 Views)

Thanks for replying, i got it working. i put a probe in the reentrant shared clones. it does not execute, but the vi works. I suppose the vi does not execute when the VI is open.

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 10
(2,518 Views)

When using the clone option for a vi, it is not the vi you have open that is runing, but a clone of the VI.

That is why, when you set a prope in the vi before runing, it looks like the vi is never run. But the vi code is cloned and then run.

I have been bid by that before.

When debuging a clone, I normally tell the clone to open the front panel so that I can place a prope in the correct clone.

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 10
(2,488 Views)