LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

reset issue with my sub vis

Hi 

I have attached my vi, in that 3 machine monitoring are there, while first machine have the input, its start running and show green. if the input is not go high with in the 7 sec, it show red

but other two machines are idle

But i turn on the other machine for the first time its shows suddenly red

please help me out 

please correct my vi 

for sa 1 count = 1 cycle

for fa 5 count = 1 cycle 

i have connected the vi properly but 1st machine input updating on 2nd machine output

open gggg. vi first remaining all sub vis

please correct my vi

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,332 Views)

Some suggestions:

• Use meaningful names.  "Main" is not a bad name for the Main Program that is the one you run.  If the sub-VIs "do some thing" (preferably only one thing), give them similarly "meaningful" names.
  • Try to make sub-VIs "do one thing" so that you (or someone whom you ask for help) can easily grasp the purpose.  If you need to make a sub-VI inside a sub-VI to "hide the details", that's a Good Thing.
  • Try to stick with the standard 4-2-2-4 connector pane. 
  • If you have multiple VIs as part of your Project, learn to "wrap" them in a LabVIEW Project (when you load the Project, you load "pointers" to all of your VIs, so you can open "Main" and it will "know" that you also have SubVI-1, SubVI-2, and SubVI-3 included). 
  • If your VI isn't "obvious by glancing at it", it wouldn't hurt to put a text label that says what it is supposed to do (for when you ask people to help you, but aren't around to answer their questions ...).

Bob Schor

Message 2 of 4
(2,288 Views)

Hi bramma,

to add to Bob's wonderful suggestions:

When you want to run the very same subVI in parallel you SHOULD to learn about the "reentrancy" setting for VIs.

When you additionally want to store values inside the subVI (like elapsed time values) you NEED to learn this reentrancy thing!

@Bob:

Maybe bramma is a fan of "security by obscurity" design?

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,278 Views)

@GerdW wrote:

@BOB:

Maybe bramma is a fan of "security by obscurity" design?

Oh, dear, I didn't realize how many of the engineering students I encounter have been learning this Design Principle ...

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,268 Views)