cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

robotics

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello,

I have a robot daNI and I am using the dead reckoning mapping system on it. It is available on the NI site. I am trying to build a path for the robot. Basically the small dot on the map would leave a line behind. This is to see where it went. I tried feeding back the information of the position to the initial position but it dod not work. Does anyone have any idea why?

Thanks

A.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(2,625 Views)

Try this link, it is about finding the position using the wheel velocities https://decibel.ni.com/content/docs/DOC-17273

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(2,624 Views)

yea I am using this one. But it is only showing a XY grid with a dot on it. The dot moves on the grid as the robot moves. I want the dot on the grid to leave a line behind it in order to build a path of the of where it goes.

Message 3 of 6
(2,622 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author N3utrin0

Hi N3utrin0,

Looking at that example VI, it plots the instantaneous position (both estimated and actual) on an XY graph.

To display the path that's been taken, you'll need to find a way of retaining that information, so that it's constantly displayed on the graph.

Alternatively there's a lot you could do with a 2D picture control to draw out the path.

I've written and attached an example using a 2D picture control to retain a path defined by X and Y movements. This should be relatively easy for you to integrate into the robotics example.

Let me know if this is helpful, or if you get stuck.

Kind regards,

Josh E
Applications Engineer
National Instruments UK & Ireland
Message 4 of 6
(2,595 Views)

Hi N3utrino,

I've managed to cobble together a quick example of what I meant (See attached).

It's crude but it should be nearly there in terms of what you want. 

Kind regards,

Josh

Josh E
Applications Engineer
Message 5 of 6
(2,587 Views)

Oh, just noticed you marked my last post as solved! Thanks a lot!

Josh E
Applications Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(2,586 Views)