LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

running php-skript on labview 6i HTTP server

hy out there, i allready have a application running with php and mySQL on a Appache Server. now y wanna put the system on Labview 6i Internet Toolkit to contact a SPS over a CAN Interface. Instead of buying
the SQL toolkit i would like to us php-skript on the Labview HTTP Server. After reading CAN commands out of the SQL database, i would like to send the commands over NI CAN card to my applications.
for any hints i would thank you guys.
andrew
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,396 Views)
I have written both kinds of apps--PHP with MySQL for Apache, as well as LV VIs for the LV web server. I've never tried to combine PHP and the LV web server, though. I think this would be difficult. I think it would be easiest to use the LabVIEW Database Toolset instead of using PHP.

However, if you want to try it, you can probably download the PHP source code and build it into a DLL that you call from LabVIEW VIs. This is probably much harder than it sounds. You'll also have to have the MySQL support built in, so you'll need the MySQL client source, too.

A different approach would be to bypass PHP entirely. Have your LV VIs open up a TCP/IP connection to MySQL and send your SQL commands directly to the MySQL database. This is essentially what the D
atabase Toolset is doing for you (via ODBC, I think). It will not be easy--the Toolset does a lot of work for you--but I'm pretty sure it's possible.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,396 Views)