LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

serial port data to parrallel converter

hi
my application i am sending a byte of data through serial port ,,where my requirement is i want to convert the serial data into parallel data ....what is the circuit or which ic i want to use...
advance thanks
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Indrajit

| indrajitbarve@gmail.com | indar_indar2005@yahoo.co.in .
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(3,089 Views)

I think you ve chosen the wrong forum to clear your doubt.

Is this anything related to LabVIEW software ?

- Partha ( CLD until Oct 2024 🙂 )
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(3,084 Views)
simple use rs 232 serial to rs 485 converter which is easily available in market
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(3,072 Views)
hi

thanku for ur reply

i am not asking signal level converter.. i am asking serial data to parallel converter.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Indrajit

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(3,049 Views)
Sorry, that doesn't make any sense. You asked for a circuit to convert serial data data to parallel. A circuit implies a piece of hardware and you would typically need to convert the logic levels from the serial port to something else (i.e. TLL). If you are not looking for a looking for a piece of hardware to convert your serial port to a parallel port, what exactly are you trying to do?
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(3,043 Views)

Here is a link to one device that is available.  http://www.bb-elec.com/bb-elec/literature/232sps2-3903ds.pdf  You will need to carefully read the documentation to make sure it can do what you need to do.

You could also directly write to parallel port using NI-VISA functions.

Message Edited by centerbolt on 09-20-2007 11:41 AM

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(3,043 Views)
thanku sir for ur kind information
Indrajit

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(3,002 Views)