show a message over the front panel

HI

Can you try with the attached snapshot

Hope this helps

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 17
(798 Views)

Hi SanRac,

I don't think the original poster wanted to show a message box...

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 12 of 17
(783 Views)

Disabling the string indicator is an easy but extremely useful tip. Thanks al lot...

Now I have to find a way to "send" mouse clicks to the control behind the message... and it's done!

Vix
-------------------------------------------
In claris non fit interpretatio

-------------------------------------------
Using LV from 7
Using LW/CVI from 6.0
0 Kudos
Message 13 of 17
(782 Views)

Hi GerdW,

message box I have added just for showing that when we click on numeric control it is taking a mouse up event

Thank You

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 17
(779 Views)

reikira wrote:

Hi Vix,

you can disable the string control so that it will not focus even if you click on it. In order to set this property, you have to right click the string control and select Advanced >> Enabled state >> Disabled.

JK1 wrote:

Just saw this post.

Just right click the control navigate to advance>>Enabled state select the disabled option (not disabled & greyed).  This option will restrict the control from receiving the mouse clicks from user and will not get the focus.  Easy one

Disabling the string control will not solve the problem, and is one reason why I didn't even mention it. The crux of the problem is to have the control below the string indicator receive the mouse clicks when you click on the disabled control. 

Actually, the original problem was how to have an "overlay" watermark. This whole clicking below a indicator is a side issue. Smiley Wink

0 Kudos
Message 15 of 17
(755 Views)

Hi SanRac,

Are you sure the mouse event is getting through to the numeric control? From your snapshot I can see that you compare the mouse coords to the position area of the control, but this doesn't necessarily indicate that the mouse click registered in the control itself. I doubt you would easily be able to select the 'increment' arrow in your example.

Thoric (CLA, CLED, CTD and LabVIEW Champion)

0 Kudos
Message 16 of 17
(753 Views)

Hi Toric

Here mouce click is not registering for numeric control and yes you are correct it is dificult to select the increment arrow in this example.

From here we can just find out, mouse up event happen on that control or not

Thank You

0 Kudos
Message 17 of 17
(712 Views)