LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

signal saturated with customer scale

Hi everyone, I have a small problem with labview. I read a voltage signal y=2sin(x) from chanel 0 and display it on a graph indicator, becasue this signal is going after a 100:1 potential transformer, so I 'd like to show it correctly(i.e. in real voltage values) on the graph indicator, I witre the following VI, however, one got saturated and the other one is ok. I want to know where the problem is on the first one. Any suggestions? Thanks a lot! 

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(2,616 Views)

Hi Acewong,

Could you provide images of the front panels to better demonstrate what you're seeing?

One thing that's a possibility is that your graphs are set to auto-scale with an increment that's too small/large.  Try changing the "Loose Fit" property available in the right-click menu.

Regards, 

Tom L.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(2,600 Views)
Set the voltage range of the DAQmx Create Channel. You've saturated the A/D because the gain is not correct. The range you use should be the scaled values.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(2,584 Views)
Hi, Dennis, I set the range for -10v to +10v,,which is the max range it has.,and for the A/D converter, is there a range for it? It is saturated at about 90 voltages, why 90? Thank you!
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(2,574 Views)
Hi,0utlaw, it is not auto scale, i change it to -1000 to +1000, still saturated at 90V .
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(2,572 Views)
No. You set it for the max scaled value. Do what I said and change the range. Changing the scale of the graph is silly.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(2,567 Views)