LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

simulate signal vi slows down program

I have a problem with the speed of my program when i insert the simulate signal vi into my program. It goes from the speed i set it too to a very slow speed. I need some help understanding why it is doing this and how to fix it. attatched is the vi and an image of the problem area if anyone has any ideas please help

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,341 Views)

I'm more concerned about the Wait inside of a Timed Loop.  That is totally unnecessary.  Change the timed loop into a normal while loop.

As far as the Simulate Signal, I have no clue.  The settings look find as far as I can tell.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,338 Views)

I'm shuddering.  your "Stop" logic is somewhat insane  Inside the timed loop stop if true pass the true to the containing while loop set to stop if false garunteeing a infinate loop which you break with two possible abort vi's (Bad bad bad do not use abort vi it does not alow the Express vis to shut down cleanly and you'll have some insane states in your code.

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,334 Views)

The stop logic needs to be the way it is because it is scaning with two dc mottors and it cause the second mottor to trigger with the true statement for the y axis the inner most loop is for the x axis. But that still does not explain why when i add the signal generator the program slows down significantly and when i remove it, it runs at normal speed. Any ideas or if you know how to create a function generator from scratch if that would solve the problem.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,305 Views)

You are not only simulating a signal, but also sending it out via DAQ assistant. Sorry, I don't have DAQmx installed, so I cannot see the configuration. WIth each iteration of the inner loop, you are creating 500 points, so the time to output those depends on the output rate that I cannot see. What is it?

(And no, your stop logic does not make any sense. All you need is a single outer loop and a state machine architecture)

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,293 Views)