LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

simulated ADC sinad measurement

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi I am working on labview code development for dynamic testing of ADC. I am using below labview code as reference.

http://zone.ni.com/devzone/cda/epd/p/id/392 

For my code, I am getting following error message frequently and it closes labview automatically( it hangs actually)

Not enough memory to complete this operation.

I have attached my vi's. Please advice.

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(3,266 Views)

Hi Siva,

I have seen your "snr_1.vi" in that you are building the wavefrom using the FOR loop for 16384 times with 20000 samples, by doing this you will be generating (16384*20000 =~327680000) number of data, This huge data  cannot be hold in PC memory for processing.Thats why you are getting the error "Not enough memory to complete this operation"

Do the following steps to avoid the error

1. Samples(16384) has to be configured in the "Simulate signal " express vi under "Timing- > Number of Samples"

2. Remove the For loop which used for build the wave form, Index array and Get wave form components functions. (No need of build for 16384 times.)

3. Connect the array output from the "Delete from Array" function to "Divide" function directly.

Message 2 of 6
(3,252 Views)

Hi Thanks for the reply....Yes you are correct..:Smiley Very Happy

I have modified my labview code. Now it works fine. Could you tell me how to control the number of samples and Number of samples per second( Which is sample rate of ADC) similar to  frequency , offset etc from external without opening configure simulate signal ?

I have attached my updated labview code. 

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(3,242 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author SIVA_M

Hi,

Right-click the Simulate signal Express VI and select Open Front Panel from the shortcut menu, this will create a sub vi and this will have all the configuration option which configured in the Express VI. By editing this vi you can develope your own VI.

for more details:http://zone.ni.com/reference/en-XX/help/371361B-01/lvconcepts/expressvis/

also in your VI you can directly connect the "Binary to Digital.vi"'s output to the divide function.

Note: dont forget to mark the solution if your problem solved (Cudos are always welcomeSmiley Very Happy)

Message 4 of 6
(3,232 Views)

Thank you for quick response...:Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(3,202 Views)

Hi How to get Spectrum waveform from the Harmonic analyzer ? ( dB Vs Frequency)

I have attached my Labview

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(3,155 Views)