LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

stop annoying auto pop-ups of VI front panels

Make sure "Clear indicators when called" is not checked off or selected. If it is, the .vi will open it's front panel to indicate that this option is not supported in RT. You can see the error message (warning) in the Deployment Progress log each time you run (deploy) the RT .vi

image.png

Message 11 of 14
(465 Views)

I am using LV2020 SP1 and still having the same issue, I have tried the solutions proposed in this topic, but none of them worked. 

It is even possible to get rid of these pop ups?

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 14
(304 Views)

If I recall correctly DQMH Main VIs still pop up for us (on PharLap Systems with LV2020 32bits SP1). We don't deploy as often as we used to; now we're mostly running on compiled .rtexe without GUI.

For generic sub-VIs, unchecking "Clear indicators when called" as indicated above worked nicely for us.

NI may be working to fix this issue, but I don't expect they'll fix it for older LabVIEW versions or PharLap. 

----------
Although I've been 10+ years long fan of LabVIEW, I started to discourage engineers to start new projects in a SaaS language. NI must first regain trust within its community.
0 Kudos
Message 13 of 14
(273 Views)

FYI, this behaviour was reported as bug #1876112 at the end of 2021. We worked with NI and the bug was eventually fixed in LabVIEW 2022.

Big kudos and thank you for this fix goes to David Corney!

DSH Pragmatic Software Development Workshops (Fab, Steve, Brian and me)
Release Automation Tools for LabVIEW (CI/CD integration with LabVIEW)
HSE Discord Server (Discuss our free and commercial tools and services)
DQMH® (The Future of Team-Based LabVIEW Development)

Message 14 of 14
(246 Views)