cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

table format

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi all, 

I have this requirement where I would like to control the data format of individual cells of a table. Look at the following table. 

2.PNG

is it possible to have the no. of measurements to show only integer values ( 1 2 3 4 .....etc ) instead of ( 0.00000, 1.00000 , 2.00000 ) and keep the format of second column. so I ideally I would like to have following table. 

3.PNG

Rajnikant Singh
Iowa State University (Research Assistant)

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 9
(2,953 Views)

@raj_iastate wrote:

Hi all, 

I have this requirement where I would like to control the data format of individual cells of a table. Look at the following table. 

2.PNG

is it possible to have the no. of measurements to show only integer values ( 1 2 3 4 .....etc ) instead of ( 0.00000, 1.00000 , 2.00000 ) and keep the format of second column. so I ideally I would like to have following table. 

3.PNG

Get away from using that express VI and convert the numbers to strings yourself.  You will have fine control over how the resulting number(s) will be converted.

On a different note... CLAD... really???

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
My support system ensures that I don't look totally incompetent.
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
Humble author of the CLAD Nugget.
Message 2 of 9
(2,948 Views)

I would appreciate if you don't waste my time with your answers. 

Rajnikant Singh

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 9
(2,939 Views)

@raj_iastate wrote:

I would appreciate if you don't waste my time with your answers. 

It's not a wastet of time.  I gave you the answer, stright up.  Do the conversions yourself and you have much finer control over how the resulting string is formatted.

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
My support system ensures that I don't look totally incompetent.
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
Humble author of the CLAD Nugget.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 9
(2,934 Views)

Hmm, I guess I won't waste your time either.  Why ask the question if you don't want the answer??? Smiley Frustrated

LabVIEW Pro Dev & Measurement Studio Pro (VS Pro) 2019 - Unfortunately now moving back to C#, .NET, Python due to forced change to subscription model by NI. 8^{
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 9
(2,919 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author raj_iastate

A Table Indicator is a way of displaying a 2-D array of strings. As billko wrote, if you replace your Express Table with a normal table indicator, then you can format the data into a string array any way you like, and it can be different for each cell if that's what you want.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 9
(2,916 Views)

thanks

Rajnikant Singh

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 9
(2,910 Views)

Here's an example of how you can do it.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
Message 8 of 9
(2,902 Views)

can you please send me the vi ? and I gave a kudos............thanks for the reply. 

Rajnikant Singh

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 9
(2,865 Views)