LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

transparent background

Solved!
Go to solution

is there an option to have transparent background of new picture? i prefer to avoid ring option, as i dont know how to import graphics onto that. 

The situation is - i want to make an aquarium of sorts, and to avoid the constant flicking of the screen (because of a while loop) i want the background to be a property of the front panel (which i did). i simply want the picture, where the fish moves, to be transparent

sulzwi_0-1687543852830.png

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(920 Views)

Use a picture control from the Classic palette.  Every element of that control can be made transparent. 

Use a value of 255 for the Transparency Threshold.

aputman_0-1687546000455.png

And there you have a largemouth bass swimming in the warm ocean biome amongst the sea anemones.  😁

aputman_1-1687546042942.png

aputman
------------------
Heads up! NI has moved LabVIEW to a mandatory SaaS subscription policy, along with a big price increase. Make your voice heard.
Message 2 of 6
(914 Views)

I dont think I understand - it looks to me like you just god rid of the background color of the image of the fish, which has white background. What I want to achieve is to have the 2D Picture control have transparent background, while it's automatically white. Do you want me to show you my block diagram?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(875 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author sulzwi

I did remove the background of the fish image.  But I also set the background color and the border color of the Classic 2D picture control to be transparent. In the color picker tool, there is a T in the upper right corner (T for Transparent).  You can set foreground and/or background of an object to be transparent. For controls, I think transparency only works with the Classic control suite. 

aputman
------------------
Heads up! NI has moved LabVIEW to a mandatory SaaS subscription policy, along with a big price increase. Make your voice heard.
Message 4 of 6
(855 Views)

Thank you so much! Also, do you know a way to be able to change the size of the fish, while the programme is running? The only thing I've achieved is a very distorted and creepy multiplication of the fish

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(831 Views)

The image control has to be completely redrawn every time you make changes. 

aputman
------------------
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(696 Views)