LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

trying to run the example "rf record and playback reference application"

http://zone.ni.com/devzone/cda/epd/p/id/5894   trying to run this example but a lot of files are not being found.  I'm using Labview 8.5 with version 4 of the sound and vibration toolkit.  I suspect the problem is the old toolkit version.  Can someone confirm? Can't find any info on upgrading to toolkit so I suppose it would mean a new purchase?  thanks
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(2,732 Views)
Can you tell us the files that are missing for you?
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(2,724 Views)

After going through them one by one, the files that are missing are:

6 file names starting with SMT (SMT zoom settings.vi) ect.

16 file names starting with niRFSA (niRFSA close.vi) ect.

5 file names starting with TFA (TFA configure Spectrogram Indicator.vi) ect.

15 file names starting with niRFSG (niRFSG close.vi).ect

I am using LV 8.5.1  and version 4 of the Sound and Vibration toolkit.  All of the other toolkits from the NI developer Suite Second Quarter 2008 are also installed.

Thanks for you help

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(2,715 Views)

Hello Mike,

This example is designed for our RF Hardware platform.  You need the RFSG driver, RFSA driver, Spectral Measurements Toolkit, Modulation Toolkit, and the advanced signal processing toolkit for the example to run.  You should be able to see this under the software requirements at the bottom of the page.  The two drivers should be available for download on our website, but the toolkits must be purchased and they aren't generally available with the dev suite.

I hope this helps,

Paul C

Message Edited by Paul C. on 03-11-2010 12:28 PM
Message 4 of 6
(2,699 Views)

Thanks Paul.  I need to be able to record audio from a sound room microphone, play it on the computers speaker, and save the output for later replay.  The hardware is a NI 4472 (I think thats the model) board.  I've never been involved with the sound and vibration toolkit.  Isn't there a way to do what i want from the toolkit?  Seems like it's something that would be there, yet I can't seem to find anything. 

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(2,693 Views)
Hello Mike,

If you have the Sound & Vibration Toolkit installed, there is an example SVXMPL_WAV Recorder (DAQmx), found in the NI Example Finder that displays how to take the data from the 4472 and write it to a .WAV file. You can then use the Sound Player example to playback the .WAV file.

Hope that helps.

Regards,
Glenn
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(2,671 Views)