LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

unwanted cursor legend position reset

Solved!
Go to solution

So that functionality used to be there and when the grpahs an charts got converted to LV 8, the developers apparently did not know about that very useful technique (that I have used and is impating Tim in this thread).

So again,

Why is a feature that used to work  in LV 7.1 but lacking in post LV 8, not a bug?

quoting Lucy from Peanuts

"Hmmmmmm?"

Ben

Hello Everyone,

I believe the reason that it was removed is explained in this post by a LabVIEW developer.  We had a CAR (45293) to add this functionality back into the product be we eventually closed this as expected behavior.  The main reason is that using the properties in certain ways can cause LabVIEW to crash, similar to the reason scripting wasn't released for a number of years.

My best advice is to create an idea on the idea exchange to see if we can get enough user push for this.  I would vote for it.

Regards,

Jon S.
National Instruments
LabVIEW NXG Product Owner
Message 11 of 14
(637 Views)

@Jon S. wrote:

So that functionality used to be there and when the grpahs an charts got converted to LV 8, the developers apparently did not know about that very useful technique (that I have used and is impating Tim in this thread).

So again,

Why is a feature that used to work  in LV 7.1 but lacking in post LV 8, not a bug?

quoting Lucy from Peanuts

"Hmmmmmm?"

Ben

Hello Everyone,

I believe the reason that it was removed is explained in this post by a LabVIEW developer.  We had a CAR (45293) to add this functionality back into the product be we eventually closed this as expected behavior.  The main reason is that using the properties in certain ways can cause LabVIEW to crash, similar to the reason scripting wasn't released for a number of years.

My best advice is to create an idea on the idea exchange to see if we can get enough user push for this.  I would vote for it.

Thank you Jon!

You guys say it so much better than I could. Smiley Wink

if someone submits a IE entry* link it here and I'll Kudo same.

Ben

*Boss said choose, answer questions or post ideas, not both.

Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
0 Kudos
Message 12 of 14
(624 Views)

Hi,

LabView 2011 and still no property access to the Cursor Legend or an event messaging a user interaction. Is there something in the pipeline. Has somebody filed an idea exchange to vote for it?

Regards Jannis

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 14
(503 Views)

Hi Jannis,

this thread is pretty old so I believe you will get a better chance at someone answering your question if you either create a new thread and link it back to this thread or if you create a new post in the idea exchange.

I'm not quite sure what you are looking for specifically, but here is a community example for LabVIEW 8.0 that shows how to move a graph cursor legend programmatically

https://decibel.ni.com/content/docs/DOC-6495

Gabriel M.
Product Marketing Engineer - Academic Courseware
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 14 of 14
(491 Views)