LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

variant data

Solved!
Go to solution

I have  a variant data. See attachament. I tried using variant to data function to get each values inside the variant.

Is there any way to extract or get each values in a variant data type? How is it usually done?

Thanks

Nghtcwrlr

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(2,968 Views)

If you are using the value of the variant, you pretty need to know what the data type is.  There is a Variant to Data node that you can use.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(2,962 Views)

Not only did you post to the wrong board, you are cheating by posting a bmp file that you simply renamed. Please, you really don't think that a rename will actually change the file format do you?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(2,949 Views)

Sorry Dennis... my mistake. Smiley Tongue was in a hurry so didnt get time. Should I not post this question in LabVIEW thread? If wrong, where?

I tried Variant to data node. But it didnt work.

Nghtcwrlr

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(2,902 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Nghtcrwlr
You need to wire a Datatype to the Variant to Data to determine the conversion. /Y
G# - Award winning reference based OOP for LV, for free! - Qestit VIPM GitHub

Qestit Systems
Certified-LabVIEW-Developer
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(2,882 Views)

@Nghtcrwlr wrote:

Should I not post this question in LabVIEW thread?

You originally posted this in the Breakpoint board.  I had the moderator move it to the LabVIEW board.

Use the context help (Ctrl+H to toggle it on/off).  You will notice if you put your cursor over the Variant to Data node that it explains that you have to supply a data type to convert to.  You can wire anything into the data type, such as an array of doubles.  If you don't supply a type, it defaults to a variant.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(2,877 Views)