LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

waveform chart reference property node "value" won't accept 2-D array

A waveform chart can accept a 2D array as its input, yet I'm having problems if I attempt to use a reference to a waveform chart, with a property node, and wire a 2-D array to the "value" property.  When I do this I get an error that I'm trying to wire something of type 2-D array of doubles to type double.

What should I be doing to ensure I can wire a 2-D array to the "value" property of a waveform chart's reference?
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,704 Views)
Did you create the reference before you wired a 2-D array to the chart?

I dropped a chart on a new VI. The created a property node. Both the chart and the property node were of type DBL (default type). I then wired a 1D array of DBL to the chart and both the chart and the property node changed to type 1-D array of DBL. Similarly for a 2-D array. Then I created a reference and connected it to a property node. The property node was of type 2-D array of DBL, the same as the chart.

Lynn
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,702 Views)
I guess I had created the reference and property node before I had wired a 2-D array to the waveform chart indicator.  Once I did that and recreated he reference and property node, it worked.  Thanks.

-Joel
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,674 Views)