From Thursday, May 23rd (05:00 PM CDT) through Friday, April 24th (1:30 AM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

waveform time shift

Using a waveform graph, multiple waveforms are ploted from an ASCII array.
I would like to 'time shift' one waveform relative to the others.  The 'insert into array' or 'delete from array' effects all the columns of data, I only want to shift one.
Any suggestions?
thanks, rh
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(5,855 Views)

You could play about with the waveform components t0, dt and Y[]. In your case its t0.

Does this help?

David

Message Edited by David Crawford on 12-07-2006 09:14 AM

Message Edited by David Crawford on 12-07-2006 09:15 AM

Message 2 of 8
(5,850 Views)
thanks for the reply. Smiley Happy 
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(5,821 Views)

hi DavidJCrawford,

I tried this example, but the change of t0 does not effect the result. I attached my vi and the waveform graph. Please let me know where I went wrong, thx!

1.JPG

2.JPG

Does this problem relating to the "IngoreTimeStamp" or something like that?

Thx in advance!!

仰望星空
Download All
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(5,207 Views)

Hi Victor,

so you are changing the timestamps just to ignore them afterwards?

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(5,201 Views)

Hi GerdW

I was trying to shift a time signal by a half period or so and do a substraction between them. But I was stucked here. I can not shift one channel of the signal!! Could you please help me? Thx

Vic

仰望星空
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(5,199 Views)

Hi Victor,

you have to find the time range both signals have in common. To do so you should use both starttimes t0 and the duration of the first signal. Then use GetWaveFormSubset to cut that part of both waveforms to subtract them...

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
Message 7 of 8
(5,180 Views)

@victorluo wrote:

Hi GerdW

I was trying to shift a time signal by a half period or so and do a substraction between them. But I was stucked here. I can not shift one channel of the signal!! Could you please help me? Thx

Vic

Be careful.  There is a setting for the graph under the X Scale to "Ignore waveform timestamp on x-axis".  This is checked by default.  Then you will see your time offset.

Now, as GerdW said, you need to get the two waveforms under the same time frame.  So you have to remove part of the waveforms in order to subtract.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
Message 8 of 8
(5,170 Views)