LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

what does this VISA error mean

Occasionally when I quit acquiring data using VISA I get error 1073807237.  This occurs at the VIA Move In 32 function.  what does this error mean?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(2,597 Views)

Show us some code so we can see how you are using the VISA functions.  I've never seen this error message before.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(2,593 Views)

Hi faustina,

I'm not sure how it relates to your particular application, but according to the VISA Error Codes list from LV Help, error -1073807237 means: "Invalid size of window specified."

Is your error code positive or negative? The positive error 1073807237 is undefined. If you are getting a positive error, please provide more information about the code where the error occurs.

John M

National Instruments
Applications Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(2,568 Views)

sorry it's taken so long to post back ...

The error usually occurs when I want to transfer data from the PXI to my PC.  I call Rec Buffer Full HandlerG.vi just before I begin transfering data.  The error occurs in Rec Store DataE.vi.

I've also enclosed the actual error outtputed along with examples from the RT Toolkit of good and bad downloads.

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(2,416 Views)

sorry, here are the additional files

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(2,415 Views)

Hey faustina,

You may need to put a wait in the while loop of Rec Store Data E.vi. You mentioned that this happens occasionally, is there anything you can do that will reliably cause the error? I don't see any glaring problems with your code, but any other information about your application that you can provide would be helpful. Have a great day!

John B.
Embedded Networks R&D
National Instruments
Certified LabVIEW Developer
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(2,374 Views)