LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

which version of run time

I have an exe.  It was either compiled with LabVIEW 8.2 or 8.5.  I need to know which, so that I can install the correct run time engine. 

------------------------------------------------------------------

Kudos and Accepted as Solution are welcome!
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(2,838 Views)

If you try to run the exe, you will get an error popup telling you what runtime engine it needs. Try it.

Message 2 of 8
(2,833 Views)

This only works when the run time is missing, right?  I have the run time already, but I have too many run time on my machine, so I need to know which one I dont' need. 

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(2,809 Views)

Aeh, true, you wont see which version it runs if the runtime engine of the correct version is available.

But i dont understand: Now you state you want to uninstall runtime engines, in the intial post, you are talking about installing.....

Another point is that e.g. tools from NI do already install LV runtime engines (RTEs) as well, so simply removing installed RTEs can mess up those. So please dont do it except you want to revert the machine to "clean" state and start reinstalling all tools/drivers and applications you "really" require.

As last feedback, you CAN include custom code in your LV application to display the version it runs.

LV Version.PNG

Norbert 

Norbert
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
CEO: What exactly is stopping us from doing this?
Expert: Geometry
Marketing Manager: Just ignore it.
Message 4 of 8
(2,804 Views)

If your exe has the standard help menu you should be able to click help/about and see what version it is.

=====================
LabVIEW 2012

Message 5 of 8
(2,803 Views)

Good tip, but  no standard help menu on that exe.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(2,794 Views)

I just worded the question differently.  Now, I am just curious.  I have decided not to uninstall the run time.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(2,793 Views)

@Norbert_B wrote:

Another point is that e.g. tools from NI do already install LV runtime engines (RTEs) as well, so simply removing installed RTEs can mess up those. So please dont do it except you want to revert the machine to "clean" state and start reinstalling all tools/drivers and applications you "really" require.

When you try to uninstall such a runtime engine, the installer won't even let you because there are remaining dependencies. For example I recently tried to uninstall the run time engine 8.6(?) and it told me it cannot, because it is still used by DETT.

Message 8 of 8
(2,790 Views)