LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

while loop handling

Hello,

I have already set the VI properties to dialog. Hence when I run my main vi, Immediately this dialog box pops up, since there is no control to hide it even after i click on yes button or no button its still running.

Thanking you,

sushmith

Thanking you,
Sushmith
0 Kudos
Message 11 of 13
(280 Views)

Hi sushmith,

when I run my main vi, Immediately this dialog box pops up

Probably due to DATAFLOW your subVI is called immediately. Mind to share your current VIs?

since there is no control to hide it even after i click on yes button or no button its still running

Did you follow all suggestions given here? using the proper events? Terminating the while loop correctly?

Did you even try to debug your VI?

Did you follow my advice on going through LabVIEW101 lessons?

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 12 of 13
(275 Views)

Hi sushmith,

On the last page you shared a VI with us ( SubVI2.vi ) is that the VI with in it the message box as you use it?
Are you perhaps running in continues mode ( the two arrows pointing in a circle )? 

If this is the case then I think I know what is going on. 

A subVI that has no inputs connected and no structures surrounding it will be executed as soon as the calling VI is started. 
A VI will finishes as soon as al its code is executed. 
If you have a VI with only one subVI this subVI gets executed and then the VI is done.
If you start it in  continues mode than as soon as the VI is done it wil start again.

Learning LabVIEW since January 2013
0 Kudos
Message 13 of 13
(257 Views)