LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

why Excel clear with new data?/ how bundle?

Hello friends

I have two questions. may u help me?

I write a row data in a row of Excel fle. in the other day, I want run my program and produce new data and save in another row that I can define for block(block get row and column for save). now, when I save new data in a new row, previous data of excel file, be clear! is any problem to do it? may u guide me?

and next question, I have 4 data, and I use bundle(like attached picture), but it doesnt convert to cluster. is any problem to do it? can u help me?

tnx

Best Reagards

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 12
(3,231 Views)

The first question you already asked here  http://forums.ni.com/t5/LabVIEW/why-24-input-number-doesnt-save/m-p/3035979#M866106.

So continue that conversation there.

The second question, you used Bundle by Name which means you have to wire in a cluster to define the elements and names.  If you just want to bundle stuff together, use Bundle Cluster.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 12
(3,219 Views)

Hi Ravens Fan

about first question, really both questions are same ? my previous question was about saving sada in one program, but my new question is about saving data in seperate run and saving problem in an Excel file. have u any idea to solve this problem? or how these two problem are same?

second- I used Bundle Cluster too, but problem dose not solve. did test this until now?

tnx

Best regards

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 12
(3,186 Views)

Are you using the "Write To Spreadsheet.vi" to write to the excel file?

If you know the cluster type then don't use the "Bundle by name" primitive, instead use "Bundle" primitive. From the code what you shown you are using the "Bundle by name". Please attach your code for a better solution (attach in 2011 version please).

-----

The best solution is the one you find it by yourself
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 12
(3,179 Views)

Hi

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 12
(3,167 Views)
Is there any reason why are you using MS excel format? It would be rather simple if you can just make use of a text file and open it with MS office Excel. I am just trying to make things simple for you.
BTW: I only have 2012 version in my PC so I cannot open VIs in 2013. You can save the VI for previous version by navigating to File>Save for Previous version> Select version.
-----

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 12
(3,161 Views)

I attached it.

actually, I thing excel is more regular but in addition, I have some calculation in my excel. when save new data in excel, some calculation perform(like averaging in all of previous data with new data), and new result add to program again.

Best Reagards

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 12
(3,158 Views)

If that is the case I would just read all the data in LabVIEW and find the Average or whatever calculation needs to be done. Then I would write the data back to the file along with the average. If you really want to generate a report with formatting and other stuffs then go for the RG toolkit.

Attached is the code shows you how you can bundle the data to the MS office parameter cluster. 

-----

Message 8 of 12
(3,144 Views)

tnx a lot P@Anand, your responses really help me. but, I coulnd find MS Office parameters block. is ir in cluster box?

do u mean work with excel is very difficult? because may, my data box be very great.

Best Regards.

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 12
(3,139 Views)

Right click the MS Office Parameters and create a control out of it.
No. Excel is a great tool and RG tool kit makes is a piece of cake, the point is "do you really need it?".
As I said for generating reports I would go for the report generation tool kit without a second opinion, but for storing data I would think.

-----

Message 10 of 12
(3,133 Views)