LabWindows/CVI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CVI incomplete/missing popup panels

Using CVI 6.0 under W2000 with MS VC++ 6, i sometimes can bring execution of my application to a halt by invoking a CVI message or prompt popup from a menu command callback procedure. The popup does not appear or appears without buttons and execution is stuck. I have to stop debugging and restart the application. I am using a Matrox G450 with two monitors, but they are configured as one large monitor, GetSystemAttribute(ATTR_NUM_MONITORS,..) returns 1. Sometimes the hangup is reproducible several times, then it disappears, possibly after closing other CVI applications before debugging again. Has anybody seen such behaviour?
I checked this is not a multithreading problem (my modal popups are created from the same thread as main panel). I am
using the system attribute to have CVI popups with 3D buttons.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(3,144 Views)
I have never experienced this behavior myself. I noticed you are using 3D buttons. Does it behave differently with the Classic Style buttons? Also, does this happen when you evoke the Panel by some way other than a menu command callback? For instance, if you just call "ConfirmPopUp", does it freeze up also? This would be interesting to know. Let us know what you find out.
J.R. Allen
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(3,144 Views)

I am having similar issues, whereby I sometimes get incomplete popup panels using CVI 7.1.1.

I tried updating the style of the popup panel to VAL_LAB_STYLE for the rendered buttons, but

the message and confirm popup are still in the classic style.

I am setting the POPUP_STYLE with

SetSystmePopupsAttribute(ATTR_POPUP_STYLE,VAL_LAB_STYLE) and verifiying

with GetSystemPopupsAttribute, but popup panels are not changed.

Any feedback would be helpful

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,802 Views)