LabWindows/CVI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Clear Case Acess

Is there any way for me to access ClearCase functions using Labwindows/CVI functions. For example, if I want to look for checkouts on my view, however I want to do that using Labwindos/CVI rather than the Cleartool that is provided by ClearCase. Or if there is any way that will allow me to interact with DOS, that will also be helpful.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(3,495 Views)
I knew ClearCase only by name, it is a source code managment tool, right? So, what you need to use the CVI buildin functions, is a ClearCase SCC provider. Try to use google with ClearCase and SCC, there are many hits.
We are using subversion with an freeware SCC Provider  for subversion and it works very well with CVI and Visual Studio.

Stephan

Message Edited by stephan.gerhards on 03-03-2006 01:43 PM

measX GmbH
www.measx.com
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(3,474 Views)
Thanks for the info but that is not what I was looking for exactly. However, I was able to access ClearCase tools, by using the system("cleartool.exe (command)") and it worked. All I have to do was to use the cleartool commands to do various fucntions. Another way of doing that is to execute a .BAT file with the cleartool command in it.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(3,462 Views)

Stephan,

What is the freeware SCC Provider  for subversion you are using?

It seems that PushOK works fine, but I would like to have more options.

Regards.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(3,054 Views)
I do not know exactly the name of the provider we used, but PushOK sounds familiar. Today, our main platform is LabView and Visual Studio. We use for the most SVN operations Tortoise SVN. For the integration in labview a college build some tools which call the subversion command line client. In Visual Studio, we use also AnkhSVN, which works very nice together with Tortoise. Greetings Stephan
measX GmbH
www.measx.com
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(3,038 Views)