LabWindows/CVI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Executable Does Not Run

I have a user interface and a DLL written in LabWindows/CVI.  These files are used with TestStand for production tests.  My code compiles, and when I run the code by selecting Run>>Debug Symtx Operator GUI.exe everything works fine.  When I try to build an executable either in debug or release mode it does not work at all.  The login window for TestStand appears, I enter the username, then click OK, but the GUI does not initialize at all.  I tried replacing the spaces in "Symtx Operator GUI.exe" with underscores (Symtx_Operator_GUI.exe), but this made no difference.  I'm having a very hard time debugging this problem since I get no error messages and everything works fine when I run the program from the LabWindows environment.  If anyone has any insight into how to solve this problem I would greatly appreciate the help.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(3,000 Views)
Hi, TestStand Newbie.

Can you tell me what versions of CVI and TestStand you're using? Also, I'm a little confused by one of your statements. You said that you were able to run Symtx Operator GUI.exe successfully but that you are unsuccessful when you use an executable in debug or release mode -- however, Symtx Operator GUI.exe sounds like an exectuable (and you ran it correctly). So when is the executable failing?  (If I'm misunderstanding you, please let me know!)

Have a nice evening.

Message Edited by sarahk on 07-25-2006 07:20 PM

Sarah K.
Search PME
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,979 Views)
I am running LabWindows/CVI 7.1 and TestStand 3.1.  My OS is Windows XP.  I meant to say that I can run Symtx Operator GUI.cws from the LabWindows environment by selecting Run>>Debug Symtx Operator GUI.  The problem occurs when I build an executable and try to run it.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,968 Views)
Hi there,

I'm assuming you started with the simple or full operator interface and have made modifications to these?  Is the operator interface only going to run a single test sequence, or is it like a regular operator interface allowing you to select which sequence you want to run?  Also just to make sure you are running the executable on the same machine as the CVI development system correct?  Could you post a screenshot of what your operator interface looks like after you have logged in (executable version)?

Thanks,
Pat P.
Software Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,936 Views)