LabWindows/CVI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

General Protection Error using Table Control

Solved!
Go to solution
Sounds pretty same like our problem! I don't think it's related to the ProcessSystemEvents calls.
0 Kudos
Message 11 of 28
(1,743 Views)

I have some application of mine that uses a table control to display test results and never have GPF errors in using it.The operator can interact with the table: he can double-click on a row to display additional detail on the test in a separate panel and click on column headers to get the graph of values in that column. I have no problems even with tables filled with 30k lines and more.

However, there are some differences in how I am using the table that maybe can help in clarify the situation:

• I only add rows to the table, never delete any data on it
  • I simply add all rows at once and fill columns with SetTableCellRangeVals
  • The table is set in normal mode, all cells are in indicator mode

@ jharris66

I don't understand if you add all rows to the table before test start and then manipulate individual cells or you add a row on every test made. If you are using the first option, have you tried by adding rows one at a time? Do you receive GPF even in this case?

Proud to use LW/CVI from 3.1 on.

My contributions to the Developer Community
(1,736 Views)

Hi Roberto,

We also use SetTableCellRangeVals to pre-load the table columns that do not change dynamically during execution.   This can be as much as 12k rows.  We then start manipulating individual cells after test execution is started using SetTableCellAttribute and SetTableCellVal.

We do delete the rows if a new test sequence of test steps is selected by the operator.  However, the issue occurs even on the first run after application is started.

Our table control mode is 'Hot' while the cells are indicator mode.  We also have a ring-type column element in which an operator can select a breakpoint.  Also one of the columns is a 'picture' type for a pass/fail icon.   10 columns total.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 28
(1,730 Views)

Do you use the control to the table with both scroll bar here?
If so, try to set scollbar only vertically.
In my case it seems to be the only solution that solves the problem.
This is to see if even in his case it is the same problem that I have and if it is the same solution as "temporary". It can be useful to better understand the nature of the problem.
Thank you.
Greetings.

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 28
(1,717 Views)

We only have a vertical scroll bar.

0 Kudos
Message 15 of 28
(1,711 Views)

Hello,

Our issue seemed to be related to using picture icon in column.  Once we changed this column to string type we did not see the issue.

0 Kudos
Message 16 of 28
(1,694 Views)

This problem might not be related to the crash that we were discussing earlier. That crash could only happen when you moved the mouse below the last cell of the table (even if it's when operating the vertical scrollbar). If you can reproduce your crash just by switching the focus to the table (for example, by using the Tab key to switch the focus?) then it's probably not the same thing.

Are you able to reproduce your crash in some reduced version of your program that you could send to me?

Luis

0 Kudos
Message 17 of 28
(1,680 Views)

Hello LuisG

In my case, I see a lot of similarities with what you say.
If I keep it enabled scollbar vertical + horizontal, and drag with the mouse, the scrolbar vertical towards the down low over his limit, the first or second time to the maximum, the MPF appears.
As already said, if I disable the scrolbar horizontal and leave only the vertical, the problem disappears.
If I can be helpful I can try to create a piece of code / project similar to what I have, that creates the problem easily.
PS: next week I will not be home, I'll be back on 15/06.

Thanks for everything.
Greetings.
Mirko

0 Kudos
Message 18 of 28
(1,668 Views)

I have experienced a similar problem with a tree control.  The tree is used to store a hierarchy of test folders and file names and it has a vertical scrollbar.  If I create or edit a test file, our LabWindows program updates the contents of the tree control.  But afterward, if I am at the bottom of the tree and try to scroll up to the top, I will sometimes see a large area of blank space at the top of the tree and the program will then crash.

0 Kudos
Message 19 of 28
(1,626 Views)

Bug #396240 only affected table controls. If you are experiencing a similar crash with tree controls, then that is not a known issue, and we'd have to investigate it further.

Can you reproduce these tree control symptoms consistently?

Luis

0 Kudos
Message 20 of 28
(1,596 Views)