LabWindows/CVI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LabWindows/CVI Remote User Interface

I have an application that I would like to modify to enable running the User Interface Panel from a remote
computer. I have found articles on doing this with LabView. Can this be accomplished using LabWindows/CVI 7.0/7.1 ?
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(3,981 Views)
Hello Hornsbyr,

It is possible to have run remote front panels in LabWindows/CVI. First you would need the CVI Enterprise Connectivity Toolkit as an add on to 7.0 or 7.1. A web server is included in the Enterprise Connectivity Toolkit. By setting up and connecting to the web server, you will be able to monitor and control the operation of your front panel through a web browser. The INET_RegisterPanelAutoUpdate function is used to export a LabWindows/CVI user interface panel onto the Web. Once a client requests the image of the panel, the server periodically sends an updated image of the panel.

The image of the user interface is sent as a JPEG image, but as stated in the LabWindows/CVI Function Help, the JPEG will not include your UIR's menu bar, title bar or borders.

I have attached a document that further describes how to control your front panel remotely.
Also, here is a link to the product pricing sheet: http://sine.ni.com/apps/we/nioc.vp?cid=11128〈=US
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(3,965 Views)

I have an application programmed using LabWindows/CVI 7.1 which controls a lab instrument.In order to set up remote user interface do we need to modify the code or can it be just modified using NI LabWindow/CVI Database Connectivity (SQL) Toolkit  ?

Thanks 

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(3,307 Views)

The link to the CVI Enterprise Connectivity Toolkit is no more active.

How can I have run remote CVI panels with CVI 2010?

Vix
-------------------------------------------
In claris non fit interpretatio

-------------------------------------------
Using LV from 7
Using LW/CVI from 6.0
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(3,009 Views)

This is also being discussed in this thread:

CVI app on WWW

Jim