LabWindows/CVI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LoadLocalizedPanel slow

I'm using LoadLocalizedPanel to open all my language dependent panels.  The issue is when the application first starts the panel load time is very quick, or at least reasonably quick, but after a couple hours the same panel takes 10 seconds to load.

Does anyone know why this is and have a solution to keep it loading at speed other than restarting the application?

Thanks
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,875 Views)
I should add that this is for CVI 8.5.  I am getting 9 but that may take a while.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,874 Views)

Why do you need to keep loading the same panel over and over? It is conventional just to load the panel once, and then use HidePanel() and DisplayPanel() functions if required. If you are not calling DiscardPanel() between all the loads than you might be running into memory issues, which could cause the system to slow down considerably.

JR

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,867 Views)

Thanks. That probably is a better way of handling the panels.  I inherited the code and it was originally built for Windows 95 with CVI5 (something).  I think the memory was at a premium then.  I needed to load language panels on the fly so I just replaced all the LoadPanels with LoadLocalizedPanels.

But I think I know why the LoadLocalizedPanels function is taking so long to open after a few hours of being idle.  I do my development from a network directory and I believe there are some file location latency issues here.  When I run the program over night from the local hard drive the panels open right away.

I’ll try the HidePanels function and see how much more memory the exe uses.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,853 Views)