LabWindows/CVI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need to interface Iotech Personal Daq55 in CVI 8.0. Max out errors in DAQX.H

I'm trying to interface an IOtech Personal DAQ 55 in LabWindows/CVI 8.0 using 'C'. On compilation, I max out with errors on the .h file from the units' libraries. I've got to turn this project over to a novice programmer with no test and measurement programming experience, no experience with CVI, and no help. The supervisors' attitude is "Its only software. How hard can it be?" I hate to throw this guy into the deep end of the pool like this. I haven't got time to support it. There's a LabView driver, but no LabWindows. ANy thoughts on how to get past al the WINAPI faults and get this guy going without giving up the little free time I've got?
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,798 Views)
Hi LabCodeMonkey,

I'm not sure what all errors you are receiving, so I can't help you on that front; however, I assume the errors are from attempting to access functions from the LabVIEW drivers.

Have you checked out the IOtech Website? From looking at the Personal DAQ link, it looks like IOtech provides C++ support. You should be able to download drivers from them (by following the Software Downloads link on the right) and create a library for those drivers in CVI.

If you feel more comfortable with LabVIEW, you could attempt to create a LabVIEW DLL that uses the IOtech LabVIEW drivers to communicate with the device.

Regards,

Matt M
NI
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,783 Views)