Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Show include files in project tree

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi,

I have 2 questions regarding header and source files:

1. How can I display the header files used in my project tree? I already included the path in Environment->Include Path, but they are not showing up in my project tree.
  2. Is there a way to toggle between source and header file?

Thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(4,694 Views)

@ZerMahlMeer wrote:

Hi,

I have 2 questions regarding header and source files:

1. How can I display the header files used in my project tree? I already included the path in Environment->Include Path, but they are not showing up in my project tree.
  2. Is there a way to toggle between source and header file?

Thanks!

1. Menu Edit / Add Files to Project

2. Double click on the file name in the Project Tree

Message 2 of 4
(4,685 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author ZerMahlMeer

Hello ZerMahlMeer,

Adding an include path through Environment->Include Path doesn't add the header files in the project tree. With this option you just specify folders where to look for header files. Just imagine what would happen if there are a lot of header files in the include path and you only use some of them. If you want the header files in the project tree, you have to add them as Wolfgang said. It is not necesarry to have the header files in the project in order to #include them in source files. If you use a header file that is not in a include path and is not in the project you might need to use a relative or absolute path in #include directive

Constantin

Message 3 of 4
(4,666 Views)

Hi ZerMahlMeer,

since you have opened a new thread in the forum: It would be nice to 'close' old discussions by marking the post that solved your question as answer.

Of course you can also give kudos Smiley Wink

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(4,655 Views)