LabWindows/CVI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Strip chart shows dots/points not solid line

Hi,

I've made a strip chart to show data from a tension device.

However it doesn't show a continuous solid line, only dots here and there. In the screenshot below there is 3 yellow dots, how do I make this into a continous line instead?

Line style is set as solid under traces and scroll mode is continuous

Appreciate any help and suggestions!

StripChartPlot.png

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(914 Views)

It is possible to tailor a strip chart to obtain what you show but it requires a bit of effort either in the UI editor or in code.

You should revise the strip chart control and specifically traces settings: I seem to understand that your control holds two traces so you must revise the attributes for all of them in order to be sure of how the control is set. After that, revise the code to be sure that no SetTraceAttribute () commands exist or double check them if you positively added them with specific purposes.

Proud to use LW/CVI from 3.1 on.

My contributions to the Developer Community

Thanks Roberto,

I've searched the code and there isn't any SetTraceAttribute anywhere.

Traces settings2.PNG

I had "Thin line" as trace style, played around a little and choose connected points and enabled solid square points just to see if that would help.

It does show all the points, but only sometimes the actual line between points:

StripChartPlot2.png

Are there any other settings that I could look into?

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(873 Views)

Quite strage what you say! Just out of curiosity, how is set the other trace? Do you plot both traces at the same way?

Can you post the code you use to actually populate the stripchart?

Proud to use LW/CVI from 3.1 on.

My contributions to the Developer Community

I don't know how to conclude from this, but suddenly it started working. From drawing only dots and some lines here and there, it started to display a solid line. I suspect it is due to a more stable signal, but i would assume it to should draw a solid line between the dots no mather how often they appeared...

Thanks Roberto for helping troubleshoot! 

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(818 Views)