LabWindows/CVI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TESTSTAND 2.0 and CVI 2010

Hi,

I have TestStand 2.0 (2001). I need to know if it supports the programs and DLLs written with CVI 2010.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,815 Views)

I believe it will because the CVI Run Time is backwards compatible but why would you upgrade CVI and not TestStand? TestStand is almost perfect at upgrading, meaning if you install the latest version you will be able to open the same sequence file and use it. Overall should be a seamless upgrade.

With warm regards,

David D.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,797 Views)

Hi,

Thanks for your reply. I have the last version of CVI. But in my company i use the version 2.0 of TESTSTAND. I must use this version of TESTSTAND. My question is : If I develop programs with CVI 2010, can I use them without problems with TestStand 2.0.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,787 Views)

Hi Fishingman,

A C dll developed in a version of CVI should be able to run in TestStand 2.0 without trouble as long as you have the correct run-time engine for CVI.  However, please understand that TestStand 2.0 is 10 years old and is no longer supported.  Over these past 10 years, countless improvements have been made to the TestStand environment which provide additional functionality and decreased development time, I strongly believe this would be a worthwhile investment for your company as the time-savings alone generally pays for itself very quickly.  Whether you choose to upgrade or not, I wish you the best of luck on your project!

Regards,

Trey C.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,768 Views)