LabWindows/CVI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Use a Lake Shore Gaussmeter 450 (GPIB) with LabWindows

Hello!

I would like to use a Lake Shore Gaussmeter 450 (GPIB connector) with LabWindows. I have a LabViiew Instrument Driver for it but it isn't a project-style driver so I can't use the LabVIEW Instrument Driver Export Wizard. Does anyone have an idea of how converting the driver to LabWindows? Or does anyone have a LabWindows driver for it?

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,986 Views)

Hi Missmarie, 

Unfortunately, I have not found CVI driver for a Lake Shore Gaussmeter 450 on the web.

To use the LabVIEW Instrument Driver Export Wizard, you need have LabVIEW licence, because you may need to edit the LabVIEW driver to prepare it for the tool or you may want to customize the generated C interface in LabWindows/CVI to further improve instrument driver ease-of-use. So,  we recommend that you use this utility only if you have both LabVIEW and CVI instrument driver expertise. 

The second way is to use GPIB/VISA function. You can write message to your instument, and read the response.

You can found on the link below a tutorial about how to use CVI function to comunicate with your instrument.

http://zone.ni.com/devzone/cda/tut/p/id/4442

Regards,

Christophe S.
Account Manager East of France І Certified LabVIEW Associate Developer І National Instruments France

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,943 Views)