LabWindows/CVI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

dynamically allocated data socket item drops from the data socket server

Hello,

I have a data acquisition program that writes it's data to a data socket for another program to re-dsiplay it.

Seems to work well enough, but after sometime, the data acquisition program seems to disconnnect that item from the server.

Initially, the item was being dynamically created, i.e. I just used the data socket binding and enable options in the graph control to attach it to the data socket server.

I have now added the data item manually so that both programs just attach it, but it will be sometime before I know if this helps or not.

Any othe rsuggestions are appreciated.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(3,819 Views)
TerryMoss,

Have you compared your application with the DataSocket examples in LabWindows/CVI? Which DataSocket protocol are you using? DSTP, OPC, LOOKOUT, HTTP, FTP... When the item gets disconnected, are there any errors? If so, could you please post a screenshot of them.
Jason H
Automated Test Software R&D
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(3,745 Views)

There aren't any error messages, the writer is just not connected.  I'll have to look into the protocol, it's been almost 10 years since I created the base code for this.

That being said, there is no real code behind it, the program automatically connects the graph to the data socker server.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(3,737 Views)
Okay, so the application has worked correctly in the past? What has been added since then and would it be possible to get a screenshot of it?
Jason H
Automated Test Software R&D
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(3,718 Views)

What changed was that I added the graph the the data socket.  I added the item manually and it seems better, but it takes days to really know.

I'll update the status early next week.

Thanks

Terry

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(3,699 Views)