LabWindows/CVI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

graph vertical axis display

Minor question, but my program (LabWindows/CVI 8.1 in Windows XP) has a virtual o'scope display that displays data from an A/D card. I'm using the graph indicator, and as with a real o'scope there is a knob that moves the displayed trace left and right on the screen to get the bits that are off of the screen if the magnification is too narrow to see it all. With the graph indicator, the left Y axis, of course, stays at the 0 point on the X axis and will go off of the screen with X=0. I'd like to have a vertical axis that stays in the center of the graph at all times (like a real o'scope reticule) no matter what the actual graph is doing. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. (The X-Axis offset parameter doesn't do the trick).

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,745 Views)

One possibility could be to use a garph cursor; you could choose 'vertical line' as type and set it manually to the desired x position

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,743 Views)

Another possibility is to use a second graph with transparent background, no X-axis grid and labels, no Y-axis grid; place it on top of the main graph like in the attached UIR file (you will need to adapt vertical size of the second graph since it has no X-axis. labels).

(Note: I created the UIR in CVI 8.5 and saved for previous version: if you do not succeed in opening it tell me and I will repost it in TUI format for you to load).

Proud to use LW/CVI from 3.1 on.

My contributions to the Developer Community
(2,732 Views)