LabWindows/CVI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

just created a distribution, and...

...it's 170 MB (compressed). An earlier version of this program that I built in May was more like 22 MB.

What on earth could I have done to cause this? I do notice in my volume subdirectory, there are a bunch of pNN directories, each of which have at least one .cab and one .msi file. Does this sound right?

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(3,279 Views)

Hi,

I have a couple of questions. What have you changed/added to your program since you last built the distribution? Are you building a debuggable distribution? Is this a .exe? .dll? Have you updated any software/drivers or included any other drivers since then? Some more information would greatly help in trying to figure out what is going on. Thanks for posting!

Daniel G.
Semiconductor & Wireless
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(3,263 Views)

...and I have a comment: did you check what checkboxes you have marked in the Drivers and Components tab? I vaguely remember that after upgrading I saw more boxes checked than in CVI 2012, e.g. Dev Support which is not needed in my case, for example

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(3,259 Views)

Hey, guys -

Thanks for the replies. It does indeed seem to be related to the Drivers & Components section, specifically the Shared Run-Time Engine. There's some stuff in there that was enabled by default, that I don't think was in my last version of the code. Tsk, tsk on NI...

What's odd is, I started selecting/deselecting options, and it went from something like 180 down to 10, but...I couldn't make it go back up to 180 again, even after re-selecting everything that I'd changed. There's some behind-the-scenes mystery here.

mz

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(3,257 Views)