cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

out of bound indicator controls

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi

I need a control which indicate the value range need to within 2 ~ 5V for example. I need

one (or two) controls to indicate it either out of upper bound or low bound, which controls

shall I use? (And I don't need display the real value is, only knows it's OK or fault(out of bound)).

(I'm using CVI 2015).

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(4,449 Views)

Hi,

I am not sure that I correctly understood your problem, but did you consider setting the control, e.g. a numeric control, to 'Range Checking = Notify'?

notifyoutofrange.png

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(4,444 Views)

I need show the voltage is either out of upper/low bound or normal, like a warning light. 

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(4,441 Views)

This is what this setting does - if the value is inside the minimum/maximum values, it is just a normal control, if the value is outside of the specified range, an 'out-of-range' box appears.

oor.png

Another possibility is adding two LED controls, you can make them match the size of your numeric control, your numeric control callback reads the value, compares it to the permitted boundaries, and sets a LED on or off. Something similar to the picture below. Instead of off you can also change the color of the LED, say to green....

range-LEDs.png

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(4,435 Views)

Thanks for the recommandation, since I won't know the exact value is, two LEDs probably good enough.

And do you know there is up/down arrow can be used for LED control? I only see round and square shape

for the LED.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(4,431 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author lynnz

you can resize the LED and change both their height and width...

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(4,416 Views)

I'm going to use LED with round shape. Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(4,388 Views)