LabWindows/CVI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

plot continuous pulse with time

Hi, im having trouble ploting a continuous pulse with respect to time. I am able to plot the pulse waveform when the x-axis is arbitary numbers say 1-100 but with respect to time i am only getting the peak points not the whole waveform. I am using R&S NRPZ-81 powersensor. How do i get the whole waveform n not only th peaks? Thanks..

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,809 Views)

I don't know if I got you right but I would assume that you have to change the plot style in the PlotWaveform function from scatter to e.g. thin line

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,806 Views)

Hi,

Really i don't know your problem exactly. Do you need to have a continuos acquisition or what?

Do you have use the documents and drivers of this materiel:

http://www2.rohde-schwarz.com/en/products/test_and_measurement/power_volt_meter/NRPZ81-%7C-Drivers-%...

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,802 Views)

Sorry il elaborate a bit.. If i read the pulse measurment by using the get measurment buffer function which stores a bunch of measurments in an array im able to get the whole waveform to display. But since i want a continuous acquistion with time i cannot use the get buffer measurment function and i have to use the get single measurment function. So the problem is that by using this get single measurment function i am only getting the peaks and not the rest of the waveform.. is it possible to get the whole wave? thanks..

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,793 Views)

Hi,

Thank you for posting your question on National Instruments' forum.

From what you wrote, I guess you are using some kind of communication protocol to establish a dialog between your computer and your instrument.

I also guess it is VISA. Have you checked the CVI included examples for VISA to see if one of thoses cases corresponds to what you are trying to do ?

Have you tried to simply put your read operation inside a while loop (with the correct timing informations) ?

If you could explain in detail how you make your measurement and what you tried until now, it would be very helpful.

Thanks for your answer.

Best regards,

Guillaume H.
National Instruments France

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,779 Views)