LabWindows/CVI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Busy?" command?

I'm using a Tektronix O-scope (4054). Apparently it takes alot of time for this o-scope to catch up with itself sometimes, so before I take measurements, I put a a small wait in front of the measurement function. well, apparently that's not enough anymore, so I considered using this "Busy?" function that I found in the Tektronix 4000 Series Programmer Manual. Supposedly it checks to see if the instrument is busy before it proceeds (or something to that effect). I was thinking of creating a Test_Busy() function in my CVI code for my o-scope instrument wrapper. The problem is I just don't really understand how to set that up. The programmer manual explanation was just a little confusing for me. If anyone has used this before, can you explain how to execute the "Busy?" function into a called function in CVI? My brain is dead and it's time to go home. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you so much.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,650 Views)

Hey roxy

Try using this instrument driver which has CVI driver for that scope and run one of the example program, this might simplify the problem. 

-lab

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,613 Views)