Linux Users

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Accessing Server Through LV Dialog

Hi all,

I am trying to access server files from a LabVIEW 2009 SP1 file dialog on openSUSE 11.1. In Nautilus, the path to the server looks like this: smb://hd-htglcca/share/. I can reach this server from other applications, like gedit or OpenOffice, but in LabVIEW I have not had any luck. Pasting folder path from Nautilus into LV path control does not help either. Opening a file in LV or browsing to a file shows a LV-style dialog box, and I could not find the server in any of typical folders, like mnt.

I also tried changing some settings in the Options window - I was hoping to find an option "Use native dialog" which is available on Windows. Here I changed Environment / "Use native appearance" from auto to gnome2 (and restarted LV), but it did not make any difference.

Am I missing something or is it not possible in LV to reach a drive otherwise accessible through Samba?

Several snapshots of dialog windows are attached.

Thanks,

Sergey

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(4,061 Views)

Just a shot in the dark- under GNOME, the Samba shares are mounted under the ~/.gvfs folder, if use Nautilus to browse the share. Check if it works...:)

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,946 Views)